Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Open A Window For Me

Open a window for me,
to a place I'd want to be,
all there is I'd love to see,
a part of me would be free.

the sight of which I adore,
the sound I had pine for,
although I can't go out the door,
and that is why I yearn for.

A window opened for me,
where at long last I would see,
something so dear to me,
the blue, blue, beloved sea.

Just to stare far out,
while my eyes wander about,
and my ears would never doubt,
it would be my happy cloud.

At my window I would sit,
and whisper to the wind every secret,
the sunshine in my heart would be lit,
while the waves call me from where I sit.

And if I were broken out of a restless nap,
to find myself dreaming of an open camp,
while in shone my silvery lamp,
leaving my elbows damp,

I would run to open my window,
and into my room the silver light would flow,
glistening silver the sea would glow,
and on my face the damp breeze would blow.

Wistfully my eyes turn,
in vain for one sound I yearn,
for the love of it my heart burn,
to see the white foam as the waves turn...

23/07/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment