Tuesday, December 7, 2010

YA Fiction Series that I quit..

Some YA fiction series gets me bored after reading one one or two of the books.
For an example; Maximum Ride By James Patterson.
I liked the first, and second book, but by the third book, I was starting to grow fed up of it.
I don't like that too much of a 'hero' or 'heroine' characters, you know? And Max was becoming a bit too much like that not to mention a bit highty tighty.
If anyone read this series, they'd probably see what I'm driving at.
Take a simple scene at the end of the fourth book 'The Final Warning'. The 'Global Warming' speech, that a fourteen year old is giving to the world..That's when I quit.


Another YA Fiction Series I quit on the way was:
The Gone Series By Micheal Grant.
I liked the character of Sam Temple that Micheal Grant portrayed.
But the plot, the Drake, Cain and their cronies 'activities' were a bit morbid don't you think? And a bit drawn out?




P.S. Anyway my thirteen year old sister is enjoying both the series very much. What can I say?
F.E.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Max Ride stories. Ill check out the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Gone Series. I think Drake and Caine are evil, not morbid. But Drake is a awesome character, he's a evil boy, without childhood and Caine is the same, but later them change and their activities are part of the story. The plot is very fast. Sometimes its confused. Sometmes don't make sense, but later change. I'ts fascinating. The Gone Series are true thriller, this is the true.

    ReplyDelete