Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I live in a suburb in  Johannesburg, Gauteng and I hate it.
It’s claustrophobic
There is no ‘view’, and I can go on, and on.

But South Africa is beautiful country, just not my province i.e. Gauteng.
But go on a road trip; pass the vast open landscapes, its beautiful cattle, the mountains, and finally the ocean?  

And it is a God given land for sure.

Even the Karoo has its charm.

But Gauteng? Gauteng is the home of Johannesburg CBD where the businesses run. Cities, lighted malls, posh cars, self loving snooty people...Other than that? Nah, just flat, dry land, with a few dams or lakes that people like us would drive for two hours on a Sunday just to see some water. Yeah, no kidding.

And I just dream of moving from this place, dream of living on an open estate......a farm, a ranch?
God, now that's a dream. A dream that can hardly come through for me.
F.E




No comments:

Post a Comment